Window Replacement Services in Connecticut
- Are your windows old, drafty, or damaged? Would you like to reduce your heating and cooling costs? Replacement windows may be the ideal way to update the look of your home while providing greater energy efficiency, comfort, and security.
- With more than 25 years of remodeling experience, our team at JE Rumino can help you find the highest-quality replacement windows for your home and provide an energy-efficient, professional installation. We work with leading vendors and manufacturers to provide you with the best possible products, and our superior craftsmanship ensures that you will be completely satisfied with your new windows. We serve homeowners in and around the Connecticut area.
- Are you ready to replace your old, drafty windows? Call JE Rumino today at 203-509-3463 to speak to one of our window installation experts!
What Are the Benefits of Installing New Windows?
- If the windows in your home are more than a few decades old, they are likely to be drafty, inefficient,
insecure, and even hard to operate due to wear and tear. Installing new replacement windows can have several benefits:
- Reduced heating and cooling costs Replacement windows with insulated frames and glass can have a significant impact on your energy costs.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, upgrading to ENERGY STAR® qualified windows can reduce your heating and cooling costs by up to $500 a year.
- Less maintenance Today’s vinyl replacement windows require no painting and very little maintenance to keep them looking great and operating properly. Old wood windows were prone to rot, mold, and pest damage, while tend to be far less efficient.
- Improved appearance If your windows look old, faded, or damaged, replacement windows can give your home a whole new look while improving its curb appeal and resale value.
- Better security Today’s windows offer better glass, improved lock systems, and other features that make them more secure and harder to force open than older windows.
- Greater comfort When your HVAC system can heat and cool your home more efficiently, it will be more comfortable inside year-round.
Window Installations in Connecticut
Single-Hung and Double-Hung Windows
- A single-hung window is inexpensive and easier to install. The top sash is fixed in place and does not move, but the bottom sash is operable.
- Double-hung windows are a traditional European window style and are the most popular window style in the US. Both the upper and lower sash are operable.
- Both styles of windows have ventilation perks, are low maintenance and energy-efficient, and boost curb appeal. They are also both compatible with window AC units.
Casement and Awning Windows
- Casement windows are made for openings where the height is greater than the width. These windows are hinged at the side and open outward.
- Awning windows are hinged at the top and are only available in one-, two-, or three-lite configurations. Awning windows are made for openings in which the width is greater than the height.
Bay and Bow Windows
- Bay and bow windows are multi-faced windows that project outward to increase the amount of natural light inside and to provide a more open feel. Bow windows are usually wider, and bay windows offer more depth. Both of these windows complement any style of home. The curved shape of bow windows is more Victorian and traditional.
- Picture windows are larger in size and cannot be easily covered up. We would suggest placing these windows on a north- or east-facing wall to prevent fabrics from fading, or to keep upholstery to a minimum.
- With garden windows, you can create a safe place for your plants to live without being in the way or fearing they will be knocked over. Garden windows allow an abundance of natural light to enter your room.
- A sliding window is often described as like a double-hung window, but it can open from either the left or the right side.
- We can also install entry doors, French doors, sliding patio doors, and skylights. Our experts ensure each window or door is properly level, plumb, insulated, and trimmed, allowing for reliable operation and energy-efficient performance.
Choose JE Rumino for Window Installations in Connecticut.
- JE Rumino is proud to offer our customers the best quality windows, a great value, and a professional, trouble-free installation. We are sure that you will be happy with your new windows, and we do not consider the job done until you are completely satisfied.
- To schedule a replacement window consultation in Connecticut or the surrounding areas, give us a call at 203-509-3463 !
Email Us with your questions or comments.
Copyright and disclaimer © 1995-2021, J E Rumino.LLC